This website is run by Great Missenden Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:-
– change colours, contrast levels and fonts
– zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
– navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
– navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
– listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
– the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
– you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
– most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
– live video streams do not have captions
– some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
– you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
– there’s a limit to how far you can magnify maps
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format please contact:-
– Telephone: 01494 864792
– Visit: Parish Office, Link Road, Great Missenden, Bucks HP16 9AE
We will consider your request and get back to you in 5 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems or think that we are not meeting accessibility requirements please contact the clerk:
– Email: email@example.com
– Call: 01494 864792
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Great Missenden Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is currently partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
There may be pages with Read more / click here links. See WCAG 2.4 Success Criterion 4.4 (Link Purpose (In Context))
There may be some pages where there are stray end tags. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.1 (Parsing).
Many of our older PDFs and Word documents don’t meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
Some images on the website pages may not have a text alternative, so the information on them isn’t available to people using a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). We plan to add text alternatives for all images by September 2020. When we publish new content, we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
How we tested this website
This website was tested both manually and automatically prior to the writing of this statement. The tests were carried out on a random sample of pages using Google Chrome Accessibility Audit tool.
This statement was prepared December 2019.